A Quick Way to Check Encryption on WiFi Connections
Here's quick way check the encryption of your WiFi connections:
- Encryption key: on << this is probably the first thing you must look for :)
- WPA2 is the standard that replaced WEP. This is the recommended security protocol for wireless communication.
- TKIP is the encryption method used in WPA (WiFi protected areas), which replaced WEP in WLAN products.
- CCMP is the standard encryption protocol for use with the WPA2 standard
- PSK is a shared secret between two parties using secure channel
Do you like to write about your infosec knowledge, skills, opinions, or exploits?
Publish your original research, tutorials, articles, or other written content on Cybray's blog to be seen by thousands of infosec readers daily!