Are you looking for a solution to access Yahoo mail in Outlook 2016 in an efficient way? If yes, you are at the right place as we come up with different ways to configure Ymail in MS Outlook 2007/ 2010/ 2013/ 2016. Here, we will discuss all reasons to sync Yahoo email with Outlook properly.
Nowadays, the majority of email users have more than one email address, which can either with same or different email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. All these email programs have its own advantages. But the important fact is that some users have multiple email accounts wants to log in from a single place. MS Outlook is capable enough to use five other email programs in it. With this feature, Outlook has become different from others. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss several approaches to let users understand how to receive Yahoo mail in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 in an absolute way.Why Users Prefer Outlook Over Yahoo Mail account?
Microsoft Outlook has many unique features over Yahoo Email account, which allows a user to migrate data from Yahoo to Outlook. Let us have a look:
Manual Tricks to Configure Yahoo Email in Outlook 2013/ 2016
- A scheduled clean-up permits the user to delete old emails automatically and keep the last message from senders.
- Renders Undelete option and can also sort email message by size for quick cleaning.
- Outlook Categories can be utilized as Quick Views for all end users.
- The Delete All function permits Outlook.com users to quickly remove all emails from the desired sender
- It can also transfer all emails to an Archive folder and contain Integrated photo viewer.
- All messages in the account will be available to users even when they are not connected to the internet.
- Outlook has unlimited storage and maximum size of the attachment file is limited to 100 MB.
To set up Yahoo mail in MS Outlook 2007/ 2010/ 2013/ 2016 using IMAP, follow the below set of instructions:
- First of all, Open MS Outlook 2016 or its below versions
- Then, go to File menu and choose Info option
- After that, select Add Account and then, Manually Configure Server Settings option
- Now, click the Next button to continue
- Select Add New Account window and click on Internet Email. Then, press Next
- Now, you can enter the required Yahoo email address and Password.
The Remember Password option is enabled to stop being prompted every time.a)
Incoming mail server: pop.mail.Yahoo.comb)
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.Yahoo.com
Limitations of Manual Approach
- Choose POP3 from the Account Type drop-down menu
- Click on More Settings and type the particular name for an account under the Mail Account field
- In the next step, choose the Outgoing Server and keep in mind that check Use Same Settings as My
- Incoming Mail Server and My SMTP Requires Authentication option
- Choose Advanced tab and then, change the server port numbers. Mention the incoming as well as outgoing server numbers as:a) POP3 server: 995b) SMTP server: 465
- Select the SSL as Encryption type and be sure that This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection has been selected
- Click OK button and go to Next option. Press Finish
- Now, close and Restart MS Outlook application
- Click on the Send/Receive button and choose an option Send/Receive All Folders. Here, all folders of Yahoo mail account will appear in Microsoft email account.
Feasible Way to Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007
- It is a very lengthy and time-consuming process.
- It creates little confusion regarding multiple options to be selected while executing the above steps.
- A person has technical skills and knowledge while connecting Yahoo mail account to Microsoft Outlook
If the above-described methods may get fail, users can opt for trusted third party tool i.e., Yahoo Backup tool. It is designed in such a way to transfer Yahoo mail to different file formats such as EML, PST, MBOX & MSG. It helps to download multiple Yahoo emails to the local machine or hard drive. Make sure Microsoft Outlook should be installed while converting Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST format. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface even a naive user can understand its layout without any difficulty.Final Thoughts
As we know, Yahoo mail is the most popular email application. But now it has so many constraints like, it does not provide an option to sync Yahoo mail with another email program. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed several ways to add Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007/ 2010/ 2013/ 2016. Also, we have highly recommended a third party solution named as Yahoo Backup tool. It is one of the best solutions by which users can easily take backup the emails from Yahoo mail account and save it in PST format.