CompTIA is a leader in IT certifications with over 2 million CompTIA certified IT professionals worldwide. Advance your career by preparing for certification exams with CompTIA training that covers networking, IT security, cloud technology, and more. CompTIA certifications will enhance your knowledge and credentials no matter where you are on your IT career path.
Trust us with your development
Whether you are an individual looking to get started in your career or a leader investing in your team’s security skill development, our multi-sided platform will fit your needs.
The content and tools you need to build real-world skills
Rapidly develop your skills via an integrated, and engaging learning experience on the Cybrary platform.
CompTIA Certification Course Instructors
Meet experts from the IT community and learn from the best. Cybrary’s CompTIA training courses are taught by instructors who are experts in their subject matter, themselves certified, and they are ready to pass on their expertise with practical, real-world solutions that students can take with them.
No items matched your search
CompTIA Certification Vendors
At Cybrary, our vendors are valued partners who provide students with additional tools needed to earn CompTIA certifications.
No items matched your search
Explore more topics in IT
CompTIA certifications are a great way to demonstrate skills and qualifications in job positions and technologies that make up the IT workforce.
The Computing Technology Industry Association, or CompTIA, is a nonprofit trade association that focuses on education and certification for IT professionals. It offers vendor-neutral certifications that are recognized globally and trusted as an indication of competence in the IT field. In fact, CompTIA certifications are at the top of the list when it comes to trusted credentials in the industry because they correctly indicate certified employees’ success.
CompTIA certifications are divided into four groups based on skillset. Those four areas are core, infrastructure, cybersecurity and additional professional certifications. In all, there are 13 different CompTIA certifications that can be earned.
At Cybrary, we provide students with multiple CompTIA training courses that will prepare them to successfully pass certification exams and earn valuable credentials that will benefit their IT careers. Whether they are new to the industry, or they have been working in IT for years, these certifications are essential to career growth. The CompTIA classes by Cybrary are self-paced and online, so students are able to take courses whenever it is convenient for them. Check out the CompTIA certification training
Which CompTIA Certification Should You Get First?
The CompTIA certifications are broken down into four groups. The first group consists of the core certifications that are applicable to virtually any IT role. The four certifications that make up the core group are:
- CompTIA IT Fundamental+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
It’s suggested that IT beginners start with the IT Fundamentals+ or the CompTIA A+ certification before moving on to the others.
What Is the Best CompTIA Certification?
The best CompTIA certification is the one that is going to best demonstrate an individual’s desired skillset to potential employers and help advance the person’s IT career. In other words, the best certification is unique to the individual, the career path, and his or her experience. While it’s impossible to name the best certification, there are some that are more popular than others.
The five most sought-after CompTIA certifications are:
- CompTIA A+ - This certification is widely respected and also seen by many as a starting point for any IT career path. The A+ certification indicates that an individual has computer technician competency, and it’s the industry standard for the computer support technician role.
- CompTIA Network+ - This certification is also an entry-level credential that is highly sought-after. It demonstrates proficiency in managing, maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, and configuring basic network infrastructures.
- CompTIA Security+ - This credential is a starting point for IT professionals who are looking to move into a cybersecurity role. It focuses on the core concepts of security.
- CompTIA Server+ - This credential is key for anyone who wants to pursue a career in server support. It indicates a thorough understanding of server software and hardware technologies.
- Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) - This credential covers risk management and forecasting, enterprise-level security, and risk analysis. It’s an advanced-level credential that is highly sought-after to show competency in enterprise security, integration of computing, communication as well as business disciplines.
There are many other CompTIA certifications for students to attain depending on the career path they are taking.
What Are the Benefits of CompTIA Certifications?
There are numerous benefits that IT professionals will experience when they earn CompTIA certifications. Here are a few to consider:
- CompTIA certifications often lead the way to new, fulfilling IT career opportunities.
- CompTIA certifications provide increased job security current and new IT roles.
- CompTIA certified employees garner credibility, trust, and respect in the IT workplace.
- CompTIA certifications provide opportunities for obtaining military and government IT positions.
- Earning CompTIA certifications shows recruiters and hiring managers that candidates are committed to advancing their IT careers.
- CompTIA certifications are often requirements in certification programs of prominent vendors like IBM, Microsoft, and Cisco.
How Is It Best to Get CompTIA Certifications?
Attaining CompTIA certifications is a smart way to start and grow an IT career for those individuals who are just starting their career, as well as people in established careers who want to advance. At Cybrary, we can help students learn the skills and knowledge they need to sit CompTIA certification exams and earn credentials. Here are the steps we suggest for getting a certification:
- Choose the IT Certification – CompTIA has multiple levels of certifications. Choose the one that best fits career goals and level of experience.
- Take a Training Course to Prepare for the Exam – Take a training course that provides all the information necessary to pass the exam. Be sure that the course provides test prep and access to a practice exam. At Cybrary, we offer training courses for many CompTIA certifications. We are dedicated to providing students with the training they need to earn their credentials.
- Register, Take, and Pass the Certification Exam – Schedule a CompTIA exam with a Pearson VUE testing center and be on the way to becoming a CompTIA certified professional.