Configuring and Managing Printers
The Configuring and Managing Printers module provides you with the instruction and computer hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises: Setting up Windows Printing Service, Troubleshooting Common Network Printing Problems.
The Configuring and Managing Printers module provides you with the instruction and computer hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Setting up Windows Printing Service
- Troubleshooting Common Network Printing Problems
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-901 1.12: Install and configure common peripheral devices (Output devices)
- 220-902 1.5: Given a scenario, use Windows Control Panel utilities (Devices and Printers)
- 220-902 1.6: Given a scenario, install and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop
- 220-902 2.4: Summarize the properties and purpose of services provided by networked hosts (Print Server)
- 220-902 4.6: Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers with appropriate tools (Print spooler)
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Setting up Windows Printing Service
A print server is a computer that connects print devices to client computers over a network. It accepts print jobs or requests from other computers then redirects them to the assigned printers. Print servers have the capability to queue the documents for printing, rearrange their order when required, delete the pending documents for printing and perform an accounting like counting the pages by reading data generated by the print devices.
In this exercise, you will install a local printer initially. Then configure a network printer on a server and share it with users.
Exercise 2 - Troubleshooting Common Network Printing Problems
Printers are one of the heavily used equipment in a networked environment. As such these devices can breakdown if not maintained properly. In this exercise, you will learn how to troubleshoot common network printing problems.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.