The Configuring Security Policies module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Configure a Local Security Policy
- Configuring a Network Security Policy
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-902: 1.4 Given a scenario, use appropriate Microsoft operating system features and tools (Administrative, Local security policy).
- 220-902: 3.3 Compare and contrast differences of basic Windows OS security settings (User and groups).
- 20-902: 3.4 Given a scenario, deploy and enforce security best practices to secure a workstation (Password best practices, Account management).
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Configure Local Security Policy
To secure a company’s corporate assets like classified/proprietary information, computer systems such as servers, workstations, portable devices and network devices like switches and routers, IT managers implement a variety of security policies to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the network.
Hardware and software vendors have an array of technologies on how you can enforce security on their respective products. In this exercise, you will learn how to set up local security policies on individual Windows computers.
Exercise 2 - Configure Domain Network Security Policy
A network-wide security policy is a mandatory requirement for protecting an organization’s network infrastructure and corporate data from unauthorized persons.
Machines and users that are members of a Windows domain network can be configured for a network-wide security policy. This scenario is applicable to computers located in a corporate set up. Typically, each domain network has its own administrator—the person responsible for securing the company-wide network and its resources.
In this exercise, you will create a network security policy which is composed of password and system-related policies that will apply for users and computers in a corporate network.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.