The Create Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) Queries module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following tasks:
- Managing Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) Queries
- Define Calculated Members
Exercise 1 - Managing Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) Queries
In this exercise, you will learn the following in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2:
- Identify the structures of MDX and the common functions (tuples, sets, TopCount, SCOPE, and more)
- Identify which MDX statement would return the required result
- Implement a custom MDX or logical solution for a pre-prepared case task
Exercise 2 - Define Calculated Members
In this exercise, you learn to define calculations, which are Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) expressions or scripts. Calculations enable you to define calculated members, named sets, and execute other script commands to extend the capabilities of an Analysis Services cube.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.