Deploying Anti-Malware Programs
The Deploying Anti-Malware Programs module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises: Activating a Trojan, Testing Network Services with netcat, Deploying Malware Protection.
The Deploying Anti-Malware Programs module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Activating a Trojan
- Testing Network Services with netcat
- Deploying Malware Protection
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-902: 1.7 Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows OS tools (Antivirus/Anti-malware updates)
- 220-902: 3.1 Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities (Malware)
- 220-902: 3.2 Compare and contrast common prevention methods (Antivirus/Anti-malware)
- 220-902: 4.2 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common PC security issues with appropriate tools and best practices (Tools, Antivirus software, Anti-malware software)
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Activating a Trojan
In this lab, you will investigate some malware threats that will be installed on a computer and the how to use an enterprise malware protection suite to combat these types of threats that may enter your computer systems.
Exercise 2 - Testing Network Services with netcat
In this exercise, you will use the Kali Linux to exploit an open port. Kali Linux contains numerous penetration testing and forensic tools one of these is netcat.
Netcat (nc) is a networking utility which reads and write data across network connections in TCP/IP. This tool can be used for network debugging and exploration, since it can create almost any kind of connection and has a number of built-in capabilities like port scanning, transferring files and port listening.
Exercise 3 - Deploying Malware Protection
In this exercise, you will install Kaspersky Security and its administration tools to the server. This is only an evaluation version and its capabilities will be quite limited.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.