The Installing Windows - Part II module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics.
- Install Windows 8.1 using Windows Deployment Services
- Prepare Windows Deployment Services
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-902: 1.2 Given a scenario, install Windows PC operating systems using appropriate methods (Type of installations, Workgroup vs. Domain setup, Remote network installation, Image deployment)
- 220-902: 1.5 Given a scenario, use Windows Control Panel utilities.
- 220-902: 2.4 Summarize the properties and purpose of services provided by networked hosts.
- 220-902: 3.3 Compare and contrast differences of basic Windows OS security settings.
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Install Windows 8.1 using Windows Deployment Services
Windows Deployment Services (WDS) enables you to remotely deploy Windows operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 to bare metal computers. Remote deployment is done using network-based installation. This means you can perform the installation even when you are not physically present at a computer or do not have the installation files on an installation media like a DVD or a USB drive.
In this exercise, you will perform remote OS deployment on a bare-metal computer.
Exercise 2 - Prepare Windows Deployment Services
After installing Windows Deployment Services, you will now prepare the service to be ready for rolling out Windows 8.1 on a new computer.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.