The Moving Data module introduces the concept of Data Pump and SQL*Loader; the tools are available in Oracle Database 12c to move and load data.
- Ways to Move Data
- Using Data Pump Export and Import to Move Data between Oracle Databases
- Using External Tables to Move Data
Exercise 1 - Moving Data
In this exercise you will learn the following about moving data:
- Establishing a connection to the database
- Create and Use Directory Objects
- Using SQL*Loader to load Data from a Non-Oracle Database
The Data Pump Facility is a high-speed mechanism for transferring data or metadata from one database to another or from operating system files. Data Pump employs direct path unloading and direct path loading technologies.
Exercise 2 - Using Data Pump to Move Data between Oracle Databases
In this exercise, you will learn the following about import and export modes:
- Using Expdp
- Using Impdp
- Using Data Pump With Command Line Utilities
Exercise 3 - Using External Tables to Move Data
In this exercise, you will learn the following about data and metadata filters:
- Loading External Table Using Data Pump
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.