The Oracle Database Instances module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics.
- Understand Initialization Parameter Files
- Understand how to Start Up and Shutting Down an Oracle Instance
- View the alert logs and access dynamic performance view
Exercise 1 - Understanding Initialization Parameter Files
In this exercise, you will:
- Establish a connection to the database using SQL*Plus
- Display Database Parameters
- Learn the difference between V$PARAMETER and V$SPPARAMETER
- Change parameter values
Exercise 2 - Starting Up and Shutting Down an Oracle Instance
In this exercise you will learn:
- How to start an Oracle database instance
- How shutdown an Oracle database Instance
Exercise 3 - Viewing the Alert Logs and Access Dynamic Performance View
Oracle contains a set of views that are maintained by the database server and are accessible to the database administrator user SYS.
In this exercise you will:
- Understand the dynamic performance view
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.