The Performing Basic File Management in Linux module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics:
- Perform basic file management
- Use wildcards for advanced file operations
- Use wildcards to manipulate data in a file
- Use the find command
- Use the tar, cpio, and the dd command
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-902 2.1: Other Operating Systems and Technologies (Basic Linux commands, Tools)
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Perform Basic File Management
File management is one of the basic tasks to perform while using computers. Linux offers many commands to perform these operations. In this exercise you will become familiar with these commands.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.