Understand Internet Protocols and Basic Linux Network Configuration
The Understand Internet Protocols and Basic Network Configuration module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics: Common networking ports and services, Manage configuration settings, Configure network interfaces, Basic TCP/IP host configuration, Set a route for the host.
The Understand Internet Protocols and Basic Network Configuration module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics.
- Common networking ports and services
- Manage configuration settings
- Configure network interfaces
- Basic TCP/IP host configuration
- Set a route for the host
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 220-901 2.3: Explain the properties and characteristics of TCP/IP
- 220-901 2.4: Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols and their purpose
- 220-902 2.1: Other Operating Systems and Technologies (Basic Linux commands, Tools)
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Fundamentals of Internet Protocols
Internet protocols are the communication techniques implemented to enable systems to connect to each-other in the form of a network and communicate over this network. In this exercise, you will understand the fundamentals of the Internet Protocols.
Exercise 2 - Basic Network Configuration
In this exercise, you will understand how to perform basic network configuration.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.