Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cybersecurity professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
This Practice Labs is part of a Career Path: Become a Network Engineer
If you're excited to demonstrate your ability to make Linux systems work for an organization's specific needs and become a more well-rounded Linux professional, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Linux has grown into an industry-leading software and service delivery platform that is used for everything from super computers and Web servers to virtualized systems and your Android phone, meaning you will find many IT careers in the current market require these skills.
Professionals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of Linux maintenance tasks, user assistance, installation, and configuration will greatly benefit from The CompTIA LX0-104: Linux+ Hands-On Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed as a capable Linux administrator, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the CompTIA LX0-104 Linux+ certification exam.
Obtaining your CompTIA Linux+ certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to perform a variety of tasks across the major distributions of Linux.
The CompTIA LX0-104 Linux+ certification exam delves specifically into "applications, scripting, and security. This exam covers the different files that the shell uses and how to customize the shell. It also touches on user management, writing scripts, and scheduling those scripts to run unattended, as well as basic information about email servers, logging, time servers, and printing."
Individuals must pass LX0-103 before taking LX0-104.
Topics of Emphasis
- Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
- SQL data management
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
- Localization and internationalization
- Maintain system time
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
- Manage printers and printing
- Internet Protocols and Basic Network Configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configure client side DNS
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Securing data with encryption
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.