Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cybersecurity professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
Module 2: Information Security Governance
Module 3: Information Risk Management and Compliance
Module 4: Information Security Program Development and Management
Module 5: Information Security Incident Management
The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification by ISACA was uniquely designed for cyber security management. This certification ensures that global cyber security and information assurance managers are equipped to prepare their organization with security and assurance best practices throughout all reaches of the organization that interact with any data systems. The CISM is ANSI accredited and has a global position as a leader in the field of information assurance management. The CISM is intentionally limited by ISACA and the exam is only offered in certain locations, a few times per year. This exclusivity help to protects the certification's exclusivity.
More information about the CISM certification and exam can be found on the ISACA website.
In this online course, you will be prepared by a Subject Matter Expert instructor (Kelly Handerhan) to both understand the core concepts, as well as become prepared for the CISM certification exam. This online course assumes that you have experience in the field of information assurance management. This online course is designed for management level security professionals.
About Our Online CISM Training Class
The Certified Information Security Manager is a highly coveted certification within the IT field and can often bring higher pay and faster advancement within an organization. The CISM develops, manages and overseas information security systems and is responsible for developing the best security practices. Cybrary's Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) course is a great fit for IT professionals looking to move up in their organization and advance their careers and/or current CISMs looking to learn about the latest trends in the IT industry. Common pre-requisites to obtain this certification include five years security experience and appropriate educational background as well as a willingness to agree to the CISM Code of Professional Ethics. Key topics in our online CISM training courses include:
- Information Security Governance - Information Risk Management and Compliance - Information Security Program Development and Management - Information Security Incident Management CEU / CPE: 10 Total Clock Hours: 7 hrs, 9 min Get a Certificate of Completion### What Does the CISM Online Training Course Entail?
The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) online training course prepares students for certification to become a CISM, which is a highly-regarded credential in the IT industry. With the certification, employees often earn a higher salary and have more opportunity for advancement within their organizations.
Cybrary's CISM training class cover the following key topics:
- Information Security Governance - Information Risk Management and Compliance - Information Security Program Development and Management - Information Security Incident Management Once completed, you will have all the tools and knowledge to successfully pass the CISM certification examination, which ensures that you will be equipped to provide your company with security and assurance best practices in all areas of the organization that involves data systems.
This course is taught by a subject matter expert instructor who will teach you to be a management level security professional. The CISM online course is a total of 7 hours and 9 minutes of clock time, and you will receive a Certificate of Completion upon finishing the training.
What are the Prerequisites for the CISM Training Course?
While there are not any prerequisites for the CISM training course, it is required that you have five years of security experience and the appropriate education to obtain certification. It is also required that you agree to the CISM Code of Professional Ethics.
Who Should Take the CISM Training Course?
The CISM online class is designed for IT and information security professionals like network engineers, network administrators, IT auditors, IT managers, and any other individuals in the information technology field who want to learn more about information security management. The intended audience should be individuals who want to advance their careers in IT security or who are interested in earning a CISM certification.
What Does a Certified Information Security Manger Do?
Many corporations and government agencies now require that their information security and information technology professionals have a CISM certification. Ultimately, a Certified Information Security Manager is responsible for ensuring that the information security strategies of an organization are aligned with the business objectives. To achieve that goal, CISMs are often required to:
- Provide guidance, leadership, and training to information security employees
- Review, implement, document, and update policies and procedures related to information security for the organization
- Manage security audits and threat and vulnerability assessments
- Direct responses to any network or system intrusions
- Ensure that all legal and contractual information security are compliant with rules and regulations and communicating with executive management via compliance reports and audit findings
- Detecting and preventing intrusion
- Implement and manage strategies to protect network security overall
- Manage the information security team and their every day job expectations
- Evaluate costs and budget for technology changes
- Hire new staff and obtain new resources for future technology requirements and projects
Specific responsibilities may differ depending upon the organization, its size, and security needs.
What Is Involved in the CISM Certification Exam?
The CISM certification exam is offered by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) in three testing windows throughout the year. Candidates for certification must prove at least five years of applicable work experience within the last 10 years (you can view exceptions for work experience on the ISACA website).
To successfully pass the CISM certification exam, you must score at least 450 on a 200-800 point scale. This is not a percentage or numeric percentage; the score is a conversion of your raw score to a common scale.
Once you have passed the exam, you can apply for certification if all other requirements are met. Your certification is valid for three years.
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a CISM Certificate of Completion