This Course is part of a Career Path: Become a System Administrator
Module 1: System Unit Hardware
Module 2: Motherboard Components
Module 3: RAM Types and Features
Module 4: PC Expansion Cards
Module 5: Storage and Media Devices
Module 6: CPU Types and Cooling
Module 7: Connectors and Cables
Module 8: Power Supply Overview
Module 9: Custom PC Configurations
Module 10: Common Peripheral Devices
Module 11: Printers and Multifunction Devices
Module 12: Virtualization
Module 13: Protocols and Standards
Module 14: Mobile Devices
Module 15: Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
Module 16: CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Practice Exam
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Identify types and characteristics of PC, laptop, and mobile components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot peripheral devices, system components, print devices, wired and wireless, LAN links and internal access devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X PC operating systems plus iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
- Configure and manage PC and mobile device network connectivity plus users, groups, and shared resources in a typical SOHO network.
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections
- Configure access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Perform basic PC maintenance while working safely and responsibly and communicate effectively with customers.
The current information technology industry is booming – there is no better time to start your new IT career. Our CompTIA A+ online course will help you put your best foot forward in the IT industry. And if you are already an IT professional, this course will validate your knowledge and enhance your livelihood.
In our CompTIA A+ online training course, you will learn the basics of computer technology and repair, networking, installation of PCs, laptops, and other hardware, and configuration of PCs, laptops, and mobile operating systems for Android and Apple iOS devices.
The CompTIA A+ course is the best beginner class of all the courses we offer, and it’s designed for anyone looking to begin an IT or Cyber Security career. Not only will it provide you with much needed fundamentals of computer repair, maintenance, and technology, it will also provide you with enough knowledge that you are able to make informed decisions about your IT career path. You will learn the difference between careers in systems administration, network administration, cyber security, and many other specialized IT fields. That will make your next career step easy and enjoyable for you.
This A+ certification training will prepare you to take the certification exams in which you will earn the highly reliable and trustworthy credentials that are recognized all over the world.
What are the Benefits of Completing CompTIA A+ Online Training?
Completing Cybrary’s CompTIA A+ online course will not only prepare you for getting your foot in the door of nearly any IT position, it also has many other benefits – especially when you go on to receive your A+ certification. Some of those benefits include:
- Comprehensive and Vendor-Neutral Knowledge – IT professionals who are A+ certified will have a mastery in the technologies that are found in many IT environments. The knowledge extends from traditional machines to mobile devices and the operating systems that are commonly used for both.
- Trusted by Hiring Employers – Perhaps the most beneficial aspect associated with CompTIA A+ certification is its hiring power. Employers of all types need IT professionals within their companies, and they trust A+ certified professionals to maintain the operations of their computer systems.
- Global Recognition – A+ certification is recognized internationally and is compliant with standards that are approved by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Validation of Fundamental Skills – A+ certified professionals are well-versed in the troubleshooting, security, and networking skills that prepare them for many IT professions.
For Which Careers Does CompTIA A+ Certification Prepare Someone?
CompTIA A+ certification ensures that you are ready to work in a number of IT services positions for many companies and organizations. It’s a reliable way that potential employers can assess the knowledge and skill levels of prospective employees. In fact, organizations like Lenovo, Dell, Canon, Hewlett Packard, Intel, and the United States Department of Defense all look to CompTIA A+ certified candidates for their IT needs. They understand that this certification means that they are looking at a candidate who is competent to succeed in a host of IT roles for their business.
Receiving CompTIA A+ certification will prepare you for general IT entry-level positions, such as technical support specialist, field service technician, IT support technician, IT support administrator, and many others. Some positions may require that you obtain further training or certifications, especially those that involve proprietary or vendor-specific hardware, software, and applications. Becoming certified will allow you to work in your desired industry while you gain the experience and knowledge that you need to decide on the next step on your career path, whether it be specialized or in project management roles.
Additionally, employees who have earned their CompTIA A+ certification are frequently paid higher salaries – up to 15 percent more than non-certified employees in the U.S.
What Does the CompTIA A+ Certification Process Entail?
Once you have completed your CompTIA A+ certification preparation with our online course, you are ready to proceed to your exams. For a small fee ($205 per exam) you will take two separate exams for your CompTIA A+ certification, given by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
The first exam, CompTIA A+ 220-1001, includes questions regarding PC and mobile device hardware and peripherals, CompTIA network maintenance and installation, troubleshooting hardware, and connectivity.
The second exam, CompTIA A+ 220-1002, includes the installation and configuration of operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, Apple OS X, and Linux. The test also covers CompTIA security and the basics of cloud computing and operation.
You can take the certification exam at any Pearson VUE testing center around the world, and once completed, your certification will be good for three years.
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.