Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
Our online PMP training course educates on how to initiate, plan and manage a project, as well as the process behind analyzing risk, monitoring and controlling project contracts and how to develop schedules and budgets.
Module 1 - Integration
Module 2 - Scope
Module 3 - Time
Module 4 - Cost
Module 5 - Quality
Module 6 - Human Resources
Module 7 - Communication
Module 8 - Risk
Module 9 - Procurement
Learning should be without boundaries. Yet throughout time, companies have been charging exorbitant fees for training. In turn, thousands of individuals were left out, unable to pay training classes that would change their lives for the better. Project Management Professional (PMP) training is one such example. Identified as one of the most beneficial certifications for an IT management professional to hold, the training is in high-demand---and high-priced too. But that is no longer the case, at Cybrary, our online PMP training course is completely free and accessible at any time, to anyone.
About Our Online PMP Course
The PMP certification is a globally-recognized certification that distinguishes individuals who possess the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects. Our online PMP training course educates on how to initiate, plan and manage a project, as well as the process behind analyzing risk, monitoring and controlling project contracts and how to develop schedules and budgets. At the conclusion of the training, individuals should be able to successfully build, plan, manage and execute a project plan for a company.
This online PMP training class is thorough, because the exam is quite laborious (4 hour, 200 question format), and test-takers who are successful can attribute most of their success to in-depth training. Our full library of online self-paced training videos will ensure that you're well prepared. Once the PMP certification is earned, one can enjoy the distinction and respect that comes from being a PMP holder, as well as the multitude of job opportunities that follow. About the PMP Certification Exam
In order to earn the official certification for PMP, you must take one required exam. Passing the exam is determinant on the individual psychometric analysis set by the PMI institute.
What is Involved in the Project Management Training Course?
In the PMP online training you will learn to perform all aspects of project management. Upon completion of the in-depth training, you will have the resources and knowledge required to successfully build, plan, manage, and execute a project plan. The course is comprehensive, as the PMP certification exam is lengthy and arduous. Cybrary offers a full library of training videos that are designed to prepare you for the PMP certification exam. At the conclusion of the course, which is just over 5 total hours, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Who Should Take This PMP Training Course?
The PMP online course is designed best for: - New managers who are interested in becoming familiar with fundamental project management concepts that will improve their management skills and professional value.
- Current project managers who do not have PMP Certification but wish to get certified.
- Professionals who work in the project management area who want to learn what is expected in order to become PMP certified.
Is PMP Training Worth It?
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is one of several that distinguishes candidates with all the knowledge and skills that are necessary for the project manager position from all the others. Those who complete certification training and successfully complete the certification exam will be much better prepared for project management work and have a leg up on their non-certified counterparts. If you have an aptitude for leading teams to achieve shared goals within an organization and want to pursue a career in project management, then PMP training will set you up for success. There are numerous reasons that PMP training and certification enhance and accelerate the career path of the project manager. Some of these include: - Sets resumes apart – Interviewers looking to fill a project manager position prioritize resumes and profiles that include a PMP certification over those who have not obtained one. In the search for qualified candidates, individuals with a PMP certification are more likely to get a second look and an invitation to the interviewing process.
- Recognized globally – While many certifications pertain only to specific geographic locations or countries, the PMP certification is recognized worldwide. Regardless of the candidate's industry or previous professional experience, the certification demonstrates that he or she will be an asset to the company.
- Sharpens skills – When completing PMP training and certification, students will establish and hone project management skills by using the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide, which is a collection of processes, terminologies, best practices, and guidelines that make up the accepted standards within the project management industry.
- Demonstrates dedication to the position – Taking the time and making the effort to achieve PMP certification demonstrates that employees have a high level of dedication to their organizations and to the role of project manager.
- Offers higher salaries – Employees with a PMP certification earn higher average salaries than non-certified project managers. The average median salary for PMP certified employees is $108,000, opposed to $91,000 for those without certification.
PMP certification gives you added credibility as a project manager, enhances your job and advancement opportunities, and shows that you are dedicated to your career. The PMP training course is the preparation you need to successfully obtain your certification and guarantee that you will have an advantage over candidates without certification.
What Does a Project Management Professional Do?
A project manager is the person who is responsible for the overall initiation, design, planning, implementation, controlling, monitoring, and successful closing of a project. This includes overseeing all aspects of the project including planning, budgeting, and documenting every step of the project. Project managers often work with a team from other departments to complete projects, as well as reporting to upper management regarding the schedule and status of the project.
Why Become a Project Management Professional?
There are many benefits to becoming PMP certified. The following are some to consider: - Global Acknowledgement – With a PMP certification, you will have the freedom and flexibility to work just about anywhere in the world. This credentials of a PMP are recognized and sought after worldwide.
- Increased Salary – Obtaining a PMP certification can be a lucrative help to your career. It's estimated that those project managers who have a PMP certification earn up to 17% more than those who don't. Additionally, according to the Project Management Salary Survey released by the Project Management Institute in 2017, the median income for PMP certified professionals was $111,969 annually.
- Better Career Opportunities – Having a PMP certification opens up new job opportunities in the project management arena. Professionals with these credentials are often recruited by organizations that are looking for employees with strong leadership skills and expertise to manage high-performing projects.
- Applicable to a Wide Variety of Industries – PMP certified employees are a great fit for project managers in many fields, including telecom, IT, commerce, finance, business processing, research, and many more.
- Increased Job Security – Even during tough economic times, PMP professionals are more secure in their jobs than many others. Having a PMP certification demonstrates core competencies that make employees much more valuable to organizations even during a recession.
- Increased Visibility to Recruiters – Organizations often prefer to hire PMP professionals rather than their non-certified peers. The certification demonstrates to recruiters that the person has a professional expertise in project management, and it will immediately catch recruiters' attention.
- Great Future Investment – For the relatively low cost of taking the PMP certification exam, $405 for PMI members, and $555 for non-members, you will be making a small investment that will more than pay for itself with increased career opportunities and higher salaries.
What Jobs are Available for Project Management Professionals?
As a project manager, you can work in nearly any industry or field, with any organizational processes, and in any location – worldwide. Having a PMP certification ensures employers that you understand and speak the global language of project management and that you have the ability and tools to complete projects on time and on budget, while meeting all project objectives.
What Does the Project Management Professional Certification Entail?
The PMP certification exam consists of 200 questions (multiple-choice), for which you have four hours to complete. The exam is comprehensive, and while taking preparatory courses is not required, it is recommended. Your certification must be renewed every three years, and you must have earned 60 professional development units (PDU) in order to do so. The cost of the exam is $405.00 for members of the Project Management Institute (PMI), and $555.00 for non-members. For more information, contact the Project Management Institute. Certifications are valid for three years. Reestablishing your certification requires that certain guidelines are met. For more information on maintaining certification, visit the PMI website.
CEU / CPE: 10 Total Clock Hours: 5 hrs, 16 mins Get a Certificate of Completion If you would like to earn more CEU/CPE hours for PMP, take the Guide to Passing the PMP Certification Exam course here! Do you know someone who could benefit from this training class? Email them an invite and they can join you, and you earn member points!
Certificate of Completion
Complete this course and earn a Project Management Professional (PMP) - PMI Certificate of Completion