5 Steps That Can Help You In Training To Become An Ethical HackerComputer and Hacking Forensics Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Computer and Hacking Forensics Course 5 Steps That Can Help You In Training To Become An Ethical Hacker

This topic contains 17 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  aarakapur 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

OIFVeteran2005
    Participant

Here are 5 steps I believe should be taken to becoming a successful Ethical Hacker. But understand that you have got to be very patient with this form of programming. Moreover, try not to do anything too stupid to get yourself caught up in Federal Violations of the Cyber Security Rights Act. Keep in mind that this does not come instantaneously, but rather over years of practice.
    Furthermore, this is not a detailed HOW-TO since a lot of methods are user specific. But rather this article is simply to help point you in the right direction to begin learning the art of Ethical Hacking and Programming.

I truly hope this helps those who are not sure where to begin. I will put up more detailed articles regarding a lot of methods taught at the U.S. Army Cyber Warfare School. For now though, because I am literally new to this awesome learning institution online, I need to get myself started with the classes.

5 STEPS THAT CAN HELP YOU START TRAINING TO BECOME AN ETHICAL HACKER

STEP 1. Read up on Coding like C, C++ and Python

LEARN how to code. C and C++ is a great starting point. So if you are a good learner, than it makes it easier to get to your end goal.

STEP 2. Learn how to use the Command Prompt

It is one thing to learn how to Code in C or C++, but what 90% of people who try to learn about Hacking and other forms of cyber programs like Cryptographic Algorithms, one must really learn how to use the Command Prompt. The command prompt is by far a powerful tool and one of the most important things to have intimate knowledge of in order to become a hacker. It will help a lot if you learn this at the start of Training.

STEP 3. Act like a hacker but don’t brag about it

This step is really about character and defines who you are as an Ethical Hacker. It is not crucial in hacking itself but you do represent ALL Hackers. Being a hacker does not make you out to be a Nerd or a Loser like the oblivious people out there think you are so do not act like one. Showing off to friends and family is great and all but talking about hacking 24/7 makes you appear lame and social awkward. Just be cool about it.

STEP 4: After learning how to Program, HACK yourself

When you learn how to program, the best thing to hack is yourself. Doing so can help you keep your system safe and help you learn how to hack other systems. It is especially useful if you have another computer like a Laptop to practice on along with your Desktop system or another Laptop. Just make sure the computer you choose to hack can only be accessed via VPN or closed Network as to avoid accidentally hacking someone else’s system. It has happened and the results were devastating.

STEP 5: Communicate, Communicate, and Communicate

Communicate with other hackers. This will help you get a good reputation among the hackers’ society and if you are lucky they might just teach you a few things while you are there. Of course this is what Cybrary is all about!

Cosmos
    Participant

I like that, but, how am I going to start off on the coding, c,c++ and Python thing, becos am tire hackers hacking my system.

sheeraz ali
    Participant

learn programing and read books about it and get the consepts in your head

Shrestha Tridle
    Participant

Start browsing the websites like http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ where u can have basic to advance knowledge about different programming terms. you can read a books from archive.org about the programming download and start to code as per they said.

different software used for programming are:

Jcreator
    decap
    eclipse
    net beans

download it and start the coding.

oden
    Participant

you guys are awesome

ftretas75
    Participant

thanks!

Shadowven
    Participant

Hey, @cosmos

There are some good free websites that help with hands on step by step (beginner) coding (Java, Python, etc..) Here are two links:

http://www.codecademy.com

http://www.w3school.com

JTCyber
    Participant

This is good information

812teck
    Participant

Good info, thanks for sharing. Yep, hack everything in your house!

Anonymous

Does anyone have a link for learning more about utilizing the command prompt? I know the basics of programming, and command prompt but I’m not proficient in either. I’m currently taking classes for C++. So if someone could help with the command prompt side I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

cybermo
    Participant

Good stuff, thanks.

Mas091
    Participant

Awesome Stuff signify road-map of Infosec Career…

Thanks for Article.

Anonymous

Thanks!

cybermo
    Participant

Thanks

Anonymous

thanks a lot , i found this helpfull

StevenE
    Spectator

Hey,

Nice post! However, I’m going to recommend a few things.

1.I recommend the following languages
    a. Scripting Language – Python, Ruby, etc.
    b. C
    c. Java
    2. CMD is a pretty useful tool, but I recommend to checkout powershell.
    3. I really like step 3!
    4. Yes, taking the time to research, deploy, and take down is a really good way to practice. For this, I recommend visualization. VMware Player is completely free.
    5. Document everything! Personal website, github, portfolio! Anything to serve as proof.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  StevenE.

Anonymous

Please WHO can teach me how to get SMTP server that send unlimited and deliver inbox to all email domain???

aarakapur
    Participant

Thanks for the valuable post 🙂

I also CEH certification course from koenig solutions and I would love to share a link :-

http://www.ehacking.net/2017/06/preparation-tips-to-qualify-for-ceh.html

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel