Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
Identify the Problem and Establish a Theory This lesson covers identifying a problem and establishing a theory. When identifying a problem, take the following steps:
- Is this the first time?
- What was going on?
- Any recent computer changes?
- Identify symptoms
- Talk not only to a single user
- Determine if any changes
Take the following steps to establish a theory: - Research:
- Previous documentation
Question the obvious:
- Check the most logical solutions
- Do not jump to conclusions
Scientific guess the hypothesis:
- Work off hypothesis even if not 100% sure
- Eliminate the most with the least